IGEM House, High Street, Kegworth, Derbyshire, DE74 2DA
Linda Mee email firstname.lastname@example.org tel 01509 678184
IGEM Academy Technical Development course
About The Event
Introduction to Hazardous Area Classification course
A practical course designed to provide an understanding of the background, rationale and purpose of IGEM/SR/25 Ed 2.
• Understanding of causes of explosions, ignition sources and thermal hazards
• Consequence and risk analysis
• An understanding of legislation and its application
• An insight into the application of IGEM/SR/25
• Overview of IGEM/SR/25 and basic concepts underpinning the standard
• Legislation and standards including DSEAR
• History, scope, definitions and design principles
• Zoning (out of doors, enclosures and pits)
• Good and bad practice
• Sample drawings
• Case study worked examples
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all those who may be asked to carry out hazardous area classification as part of a DSEAR assessment including process safety and health and safety practitioners.
Please note this course is being repeated on 15 November 2017, click here for more details.
Book This Event